Wednesday 22 August 2007

Buying your Home Brewing Kit!

Hi there,
I am still on my pursuit to learn how to make beer!

Reading through my e book today , it states that a 'Good home brewing kit is key to your success in Home brewing.

I have been looking at home Brewing kits - but the first question that came to my mind was "What does a Home Brewing Kit actually entail?" and "What does a good Home Brewing Kit look like?"

Well I came across this website today ,which had the whole lowdown on home brewing kits - what they should cost and exactly what is essential to you when home brewing.

They say that the basic home brewing equipment is not all that expensive – you can probably get everything you need to start for $100 - $130:

Here is the list of equipment they suggest:

  1. Brewpot
  2. Primary fermenter
  3. Airlock and stopper
  4. Plastic hose
  5. Bottling bucket
  6. Bottles
  7. Bottle brush
  8. Bottle capper (if glass bottles are used)
  9. Stick-on thermometer
  10. Household items
They assure you that once you have all of the above ,you are ready for some homebrewing action!
But I bet you are thinking "what do we need all of this stuff for?"
Well if you go to the full article it explains exactly what is needed for each stage of your home brewing!
,click here to take a look.

Let me know what you think , I thought the website was very informative.
Speak soon
Jade

Ps I am off in search of some recipes now that I am ready for action!!

No comments: